Wednesday, December 31, 2008

So blessed




Words cannot describe how our life has changed over the last few days. For some reason, the reality of it all didn't sink in until we were actually at home with Sam. I knew I was pregnant and was going to have another child to love, but just couldn't phatom what it would really be like.
Well, he is here, he is absolutely amazing, and we are sooooo tired. Several people had told me adding another child didn't double the work, it quadrupled it. That is so true. Lexi Kate is so precious, and she loves Sam to death. The problem is, she loves him too much. She keeps trying to pick him up, change his diaper, feed him, and kiss him from head to toe. As her nose is dripping down her face, she kisses him right on the mouth. All I can do is pray that she keeps loving him (once she realizes he isn't leaving), and pray that he doesn't get deathly ill from her cold.

Sam was born Friday, December 26, 10:23am at Baptist Hospital. He weighed 7lb 7.75oz and was 19.5 inches long. I ended up having a c-section, because he was on his way into the world backwards. As Jeff said, he got that one honest from his daddy. I am just glad I wasn't the one that had to point that out. The c-section wasn't so bad, but it is slightly annoying now. I am way to busy to be limited in activity for 6 weeks. But, compared to my last birthing experience, this may be a better deal.
We are all doing great, just very tired from 2 kids that can't seem to get on a sleep schedule. My mom is here through Sunday, and Jeff's mom will be here all next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment