Monday, December 22, 2008

Things are happening....

I had another doctor's appointment today. He said things were moving in the baby direction. That is a very good thing, since we are (were) on the waiting list to be induced at Baptist. The short version for those of you who don't want to read details: he thinks we will have a baby in the next couple days, and we are now off the waiting list at Baptist. Induction is scheduled for 6:30am on Dec. 26.

The details for those of you who are like me and just want to know.... I am now 3cm dialated and 50% effaced, and in the -1 position. Basically, we have 7cm to stretch, 50% more of my cervix to thin out, and need to be at the -3 position to deliver. Because at the time of my appointment this morning Baptist didn't have any openings for scheduled inductions, Dr. Thomas stripped my membranes, hoping to speed up my natural labor. I am going back in the morning to have my membranes stripped again. The goal is to actually have the baby tomorrow so we are all home for Christmas. Baptist actually called about 5:00 saying they had openings on the 26th, and we are scheduled for induction at 6:30am. I will have to talk to Dr. Thomas to make sure he is okay with that, but as things go for now we should have a baby no later than Friday afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. What exciting news! What a great Christmas present! A friend of ours had a grandson, named Sam!, born ON Christmas last year (2 weeks early). So does that membrane stripping stuff hurt? (ugh sounds painful to me) I understand dilation numbers and effacing numbers, but haven't heard of the -3 position to deliver lingo before. So they are going to INDUCE? You AREN'T going to have a C-section? Is your mom coming? Jeff's mom? Will be anxiously awaiting news the next few days! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete