Friday, December 19, 2008

Exciting Day

Lexi Kate had her ear worked on again this morning. I can honestly say if I never walk into another ENT office, it will be 20 years too soon. Dr. Crook is great, but watching nurses hold your screaming baby down while a doctor works on her ear with something making a sound of a heavy duty vacuum is something no mother should ever do, especially if you are 9 months pregnant. The good news is, we think everything is repaired and the infection is gone.....

The other excitement of the night was my neighbor having her baby at home. Her baby is past due, and we all know I am ready to have mine. We have been joking with each other about techniques to make the boys get here. So, about 8:30 I heard their car crank. She hadn't had any signs of labor, so I thought they were going out. I jokingly sent them a text message saying if they wanted to have a baby they better start working on it. Several text messages back and forth I finally realized they weren't joking, and were really having the baby at home. I went running across the yard in my bare feet- thankfully it was warmer today. I got to hold baby Hudson while Rory helped Shelley. An unbelievable experience to say the least.... You go girl. I am so impressed that she wasn't cussing, crying, or just totally flipping out. I am pretty sure if I had just delivered my own baby at my own house I would be doing all of the above.

1 comment: