Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas



What a truly blessed Christmas it has been. Everyone has been talking about how bad the economy is, and how much we all have to cut back this year. I admit, I have not been happy about the fact that I wasn't able to buy everyone all the presents I thought they needed, and I wanted them to have this year. However, this morning when Lexi Kate woke up her first words reminded me what it was all about... "Merry Christmas Mommy, I love you. I am thankful for you. Let's go tell Baby Jesus Happy Birthday." And out of the mouth of babes.....

Lexi Kate had a great Christmas; it has been such a joy to watch her play with toys and more importantly loving on all her family. My biggest concern this year was that Sam coming would "spoil" her joy in Christmas. Well, we are all still home together, now anxiously awaiting Sam. Lexi Kate got to have her special Christmas moment. Then, she asked, "Mommy did Santa forget to drop Sam off?" Guess we over emphasized that she was getting a baby brother for Christmas. We just keep telling her he will be here in a little while.

And we can't wait....

No comments:

Post a Comment