Thursday, November 18, 2010

Living in too many worlds

This isn't a new idea for me, and it isn't the first time I have had this revelation. As a matter, of fact, I can't keep up with how many times my mother told me this when I was in high school & college and how many times Jeff has told me this since we have been married. I TRY TO DO TOO MANY THINGS, and I EXPECT myself to do them ALL PERFECTLY.

Today I came to the point of realizing I have got to find time to sit down and reprioritize my life, because I just live in too many worlds to accomplish anything PERFECTLY. For example, got up at 5:30 to fix lunches, get myself ready, play with the kids, and take the kids to school. Came to the home office- worked for Jeff's company for awhile, did some realesate work, worked on Christmas presents. Went to pick the kids up from school and had to run errands. Came home, played with the kids, cooked dinner, then went grocery shopping for the following events I will make food for, cater or entertain at my house in the NEXT 4 DAYS: company coming for dinner tomorrow night, international missions banquet at church Sunday night, making a birthday cake for a friend Tuesday (also serve as the trial run for Sam's cake), kids Thanksgiving feast at school Tuesday, and hosting the Youth Progressive dinner at my house Tuesday night. After I got home from shopping, I cleaned up the house, again; put the kids to bed, and started working on getting the rest of my stuff together for Sam's birthday party in 2 weeks.

So, what is it that I want to do perfectly: be a good wife, be a good mother, be a good employee, be a good business owner/realtor, be a good cook, be a good entertainer/hostess, be a good cake decorator, be a good party planner.... The sad thing is, I really enjoy doing ALL of it. But, the combination of having to do it all at the same time is about to drive me crazy. Not to mention that I have to finish a 30 hour brokers course and set for the state board exam to get my broker's licenses in the next 6 weeks.

I love my life, every element of it. But, I really need some clarity on which things I should focus on doing well. Jeff and I have really been convicted to start leading a couples Bible study again. But, the thought of that really wants me to jump over the edge, when in my day am I going to prepare for that?????

So, the moral of the story, is pray for me to be wise in choosing how I spend my time. May I remember above all else to serve the God who has blessed me richly, and take care of the family He has entrusted to me.

1 comment:

  1. It's so easy to lose focus. You'll figure it out. You're a smart girl. Love you!

    ReplyDelete