Monday, November 29, 2010

A few things I learned today

1)If your 23 month old sleeps 2 hours later than normal, it is definately too good to be true.

2)If you have a baby sitter coming & a day packed full of things that must get done, above 23 month old will probably be sick.

3)If your 23 month old starts puking at breakfast, it totally changes your entire plan for the day.

4)It only seems like a good idea to hang Christmas lights by yourself with a 23 month old & 4 year old running around outside.

5)I am not very good at hanging outside Christmas lights. I am even worse when doing it with 2 small children helping me.

6)There is no good way to hang Christmas lights on a 7 foot holly bush.

7)It may look a little red neck for my neighborhood, but the ridicule of the neighbors is worth the excitement from my kids when they saw the tree house decorated with garland and lights. Don't get too worried- plain green garland and white lights.

8)Customer service is an industry of the past. I ordered Sam's bedding- it came in without the pillow sham. They sent me a new pillowsham- that doesn't match. But, they want me to pay to ship back the pillow sham that matches their discontinued bedding....

9)My laundry does not fold itself, depsite me doing my best nose wiggle and wishing all morning.

10)My husband thinks I am a super hero wife when I just take the time to give him a kiss & fix his lunch in the middle of running around like a chicken with my head cut off. I should probably stop and pay attention to him a little more often.

11) Sometimes it is worth getting a runny nose- the kids & I had a blast running & playing outside, then having a picnic on the back porch. Probably a little cold & windy, but I bet they will live.

No comments:

Post a Comment