Sunday, November 28, 2010

Daddy knows the Po-Po

For those of you are my friend on facebook, you probably saw my post this morning. But, for a little more detail on the story.

We were eating dinner at CiCi's pizza last night, and Jeff at random decided to take LK to the 7:00 movie to see Tangled/Rapunzel. I was a little unsure with this being right before bed, but I decided to live a little and let them go. Well, all 50ish people in CiCi's pizza knew within 30 seconds that she was going to the movie. I love her enthusiasm. So, Jeff dropped Sam and me off at home and they went to the movie.

I enjoyed a quiet night at home and put the little man to bed early. I was in bed stuffing Christmas cards in their envelopes when I heard them come home. LK immediately came running into the room to tell me she had so much fun. When I asked her to tell me about the movie, she said, "Well, first let me tell you what happened after the movie.... We were almost home and Daddy had too much gas in his foot. We saw some blue lights and they made us get stuck on the side of the road. The officer came up to our window and gave daddy a yellow piece of paper. But, Daddy didn't get a ticket because Daddy knows the Po-Po." I couldn't help but bust out laughing! Praying that daddy really didn't get a ticket, because I have much better uses for that $150. LK eventually told me about the movie, but she was more excited to tell me about daddy getting in trouble.

Turns out, a fairy tale type movie isn't a good idea before bedtime. LK wasn't really scared, she just kept waking up asking questions about it. She is SOOOO stinking smart. Concepts that other kids wouldn't even catch on to, she totally processes and wants to get to the very bottom of it. I don't know if I should be thankful or terrified....

No comments:

Post a Comment