Friday, January 22, 2010

Tears of Joy in the batter

This morning we had to take Sam to the doctor for a follow up appointment on his tubes. The whole way there and back all Lexi Kate could talk about was making cookies for her friends. So, when we got home one of her friends came over and we made cookies to share with all of her friends this afternoon. After the friend left, we were having lunch and Lexi Kate asked if I thought she was a good cook. "Absolutely, the best." Then, with a perplexed look on her face she asked if she knew how to make cakes. I told her that we knew how to make cakes together. She then told me she needed to make a cake by herself. I am thinking in my head- not gonna happen in my kitchen. Then, she said, "Mommy, I need to make the most special cake of all, but you aren't supposed to help." I asked, "Why, baby?" Her response, "Because I need to make a special birthday cake for my special Mommy, and you aren't supposed to have to make your own cake." I couldn't help but tear up. I am still not going to let her bake and decorate a cake by herself; but, maybe just this once I can help make my own birthday cake, and love every minute of it....

No comments:

Post a Comment