Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Little Words




I will be the very first to admit that my Lexi Kate is one rotten child, at times downright mean. However, 98% percent of the time she can say the sweetest things. Over the last few weeks, we have had many conversations that I wish I had written down. This morning reminded me that I just had to take time to share. As we were sitting in bed, LK watching cartoons, me sipping coffee... LK looked over at the night stand & said, "Momma, let's do some Bible Study. Will you please read your Bible to me?"

A couple of weeks ago, she said, "Thank you for having me a baby brother, I love Sam so much!" If only she would feel that way 5 years from now.

The other night we were saying her nite-nite prayers, her prayer went something like this, "Thank you Jesus for my precious parents who take care of me, bless them good. Thank you for blessing me with wonderful friends who love me and play with me. Thank you for being good." If that won't melt your heart, it is made out of lava rock.

We had a blast at The Morris's Super Bowl party. It was just another reminder of how blessed we are with great friends. I love my neighborhood friends that we play with every day. It is such a joy to share our lives with a group of people who are at the same stage of lives. I am also grateful for old friends who just know you. We don't spend nearly as much time as we used to with our old BBC friends. But, those times are just special. It reminds me how much we share in common and what a gift those friendships are.

No comments:

Post a Comment