Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Milestones

These are random pictures I don't have time to separate out... LK helping Papa reload shells for his trap shooting, Sam in the float at our pool, Sam crawling, and all the kids in the pool.





We have had an exciting week. Sam is starting to crawl to get his toys, and he is sitting up all the time. It is funny to watch him sit up and reach for his toys and not fall flat on his face. He is loving his new found independence. I am loving his ability to entertain himself. Considering that LK got her first teeth when she was 10 months old, I don't want to speculate, but I think Sam is teething. He drools like a bassett hound, and is chewing on everything in sight. His chew toy of choice is my Crocs, yes I know it is disgusting. I finally broke down and cleaned them with clorox he likes chewing on them so much. I am hoping he is teething just to explain the fussiness over the last couple weeks. Sam is usually my happy go lucky child, but he has cried all day today.

LK is still making me question my sanity. I love her, and am super blessed to have such an independent girl. I know how thankful I am going to be when she is a teenager. But her whit and stubborness, and intelligence wrapped up in an almost 3 year old body is a bit overbearing. She can negoiate just about anything. And, she is so stinking persistent I just give in. We literally sat at the dinnner table an hour and fifteen minutes to get her to eat 2 pieces of shells and cheese and one bite of pork tenderloin. These are foods she actually likes. She just didn't want to eat them tonight because we didn't have french fries.

So much more to write, but 2 screaming kids are calling my name...

No comments:

Post a Comment