Saturday, January 17, 2009

Yikes!!!


Sam was 3 weeks old yesterday.... where did the last 21 days go? I could just ask my body, I think it feels every single one of them. Yesterday was also my first day at home with both kids by myself. And, I will admit all of the rules got broken. First of all, it is impossible not to lift more than 10 pounds when you are home alone and have to function with a 2 year old and newborn. For one, there are times that toddlers just have to be picked up. And, accidents happen that need to be cleaned up. Jeff replaced our hot water heater this week, which meant there were days the water was shut off, which further means I had 7 loads of laundry to catch up on.... Dishes were dirty, and life just had to happen. Therefore, the rules got broken. Today, my body is not thanking me for yesterday. I also threatened Lexi Kate a whole lot more than I delivered. I hate that, but when you are nursing a newborn, delivery gets hard. And, when the 2 year old runs and you are exhausted, it is sometimes easier just to forget it.

Today some friends of our came to take pictures of the kids. That again was an experience I don't care to repeat for some time. It was just wild, but that is what moms do. They make thier kids put on matching outfits and we all smile and pretend we are having a great time doing it. And, when it is all over, we take a nap....

No comments:

Post a Comment