Thursday, September 3, 2009

First Day of School






I have gotten bad at blogging again. It seems time is in short supply these days, but hopefully we will get back in a groove now that school has started. The pictures above are LK on her 3rd birthday in the white dress, Sam on his 8 month day, LK on the couch after falling out of the chair and hitting her head while Emma takes care of her, LK on her first day of preschool in her rain jacket.

Today was a whole new ballgame as far as starting school is concerned. The first year of school LK cried the whole time for 3 weeks, cried for about 30 minutes for 5 more weeks; last year LK cried for about 10 minutes for the first 5 weeks of school; today LK walked right into her classroom and said, "You can go now Mom, I am here with my friends." I think that made me more sad than her crying. No hug, no kiss, just get the heck out of here so I can do my thing. I am so glad she has improved so much socially- afterall that is the whole reason we started taking her to preschool. But, she is still my baby and I want her to always need and want me. I guess I am the one that needs help now.

No comments:

Post a Comment